ttierney June 15th, 2009
ICELAND – Reykjavik
- Depart from Cleveland Hopkins Airport – 3: 53 p.m. to Philadelphia
- Depart from Philadelphia 6:15 p.m. to Boston
- Depart from Boston 9:30 p.m. to Reykjavik
- Arrive Reykjavik at 6:30 a.m.
- Domus Guesthouse (6 bed apartment/suite);
- Morning – Reykjavik city tour
- Double-decker bus tours of Reykjavik.
- Afternoon – Visit Culture House (sagas)
- Evening – Meet with Arni Finnsson Dinner at 6:30 p.m. (environmental activist) either in or near city
- Perspective on the politics of energy in Iceland, including the hydroelectric installation at Karahnjukar; popular attitudes about green energy, conservation, and environmentalism; how the current economic crisis is affecting environmental activities; etc.
- View Dreamlands film
- Breakfast with Lutheran pastor, Sigridur Gudmarsdottir
- Senior minister in a Lutheran church in Iceland as well and is active in public debates on the environment and human rights
- Research interests are in ecotheology, mysticism, feminist theology and poststructuralism, postcolonialism and queer studies
- Half day with Arnbjorn from Renewable Energy School — visit geothermal plant
- Leave for Skaftafell National Park early afternoon
- Evening – hike in Skaftafell National Park
- Late evening – drive to Hotel Hofn
ICELAND – Hofn
- Morning – Boat tour on glacial lagoon,
- Afternoon – hike in Skaftafell National Park
- Evening – return to Reykjavik, stay at Bed and Breakfast Keflavik Airport.
DENMARK – Copenhagen
- Depart Keflavik airport – 7:45 am
- Arrive Copenhagen – 12:45 p.m.
- CPH Apartments in Vesterbro (six beds); Westend 11
- Meet Martha Lewis, Henning Larsen Architects, Vesterbrogade 76
- Visit architectural show at Louisiana Museum of Modern Art – “Green Architecture for the Future”
DENMARK – Samsø
- Train – Copenhagen to Kalundborg
- Ferry — Kalundborg to Kolby Kas
- Åvej 17, Ballen Havn – 8305 Samsø Åvej 17 Ballen Havn – 8305 Samsøe
- Day long session at the Energy Academy on Samsø, with Jan Jantzen
- Tour Samsø on bikes, visit wind farms, and dairy farms.
DENMARK – return to Copenhagen
Wednesday 7/22 – Return to Copenhagen
- Ferry — Kolby Kas to Kalundborg 7:40 a.m.
- Train –Kalundborg to Copenhagen
- Zleep Airport Hotel
- Depart Copenhagen airport – 7:50 a.m. to Keflavik (Iceland)
- Depart Keflavik airport 10:30 a.m. to Kennedy (NYC)
- Depart Kennedy airport 5:05 p.m. to Cleveland
- Arrive Cleveland Hopkins airport at 7 p.m.
- Arrive Cleveland – 6:55 p.m.